How to Find a Good Dentist
If you recently moved to Hazlet, New Jersey, or your insurance coverage has changed, you may be on the lookout for a new dental provider. It’s vital to work with a dentist who can meet your needs in every way. Here are the top tips for finding a good dentist in Hazlet.
- Choose a dental provider you can trust. Otherwise, you could be diagnosed with conditions you don’t really have and end up paying for treatment you don’t really need! It can be hard to tell if your dentist is giving you accurate information. If you receive a diagnosis that doesn’t seem right, ask for clarification and proof. Consider getting a second opinion before you undergo major treatment.
- Look for a membership with the American Dental Association. This helps with the credibility factor. Members of the ADA must promise to involve the patient in the decision-making process, provide the highest level of care, and be as truthful and honest as possible with every patient.
- Demand digital x-rays. This technology is more advanced than older x-ray techniques. It protects you from radiation exposure, and the images are available immediately. Make sure your dentist offers this among other cutting-edge office technology.
- Ask friends and family for recommendations. Other people’s experiences can tell you a lot about one dental provider or another. If you don’t know anyone in your new area yet, online reviews are the next best thing.
- Consider location and hours. You want dentist visits to be convenient, so consider finding a practice that’s close to home, work, or your children’s school. Make sure the office hours work for your schedule as well.
- Notice how you’re treated. Your first interaction with a new dentist tells you a lot about them. Are they patient and respectful of your questions? Do they provide you with a thorough examination and x-rays to establish your health record? If your appointment feels rushed or incomplete, consider going elsewhere.
- Ask for a translator. If English isn’t your native language, it can be incredibly helpful to have someone translate. The medical jargon used in the dental field can be confusing and technical, so having a translator available ensures you don’t miss anything.
Glenwood Premier Dental in Hazlet, NJ can meet all your dentistry needs. From routine cleanings and emergency care to restorative treatments and Invisalign, we have you covered! We strive to provide the ultimate patient experience, with dentists who are ADA members and bi-lingual in English and Spanish. Our office is outfitted with the latest in dental technology, and you’ll always feel informed about your health and treatment costs before a procedure begins. We offer new patient specials and free second opinions to make your transition to our office as streamlined as possible.
Give us a call at (732) 264-4477 today to ask questions and schedule your first appointment. We look forward to meeting you!