If you have missing teeth, you shouldn’t be embarrassed about your smile. We offer a wide range of options for you to correct your smile. The best option, especially if the missing tooth space has no surrounding teeth, is a dental implant. A dental implant will give you optimum functionality as well as an aesthetic solution.
Dental implants can aid in replacing a single tooth. The implant itself looks like a screw or cylinder and is placed into the jaw. Over the period of 2-6 months, the implant and jawbone bond together to provide an anchor for the crown. An abutment is used as an extension to complete the foundation for the new tooth to be attached.
One of the many important advances in implant dentistry over the last 25 years has been the development of miniature dental implants, used to stabilize dentures. Mini dental implants can be placed in one visit, in about an hour, in a simple procedure that requires no cutting of the gums or stitches. With placement, there is little discomfort and no long-term healing, just great results!
Mini implants are placed into your jawbone and are securely attached the base of your denture, allowing you to eat and speak more comfortably and confidently. Thousands of patients have experienced the benefits of mini dental implants. Contact us today to find out if you are a candidate for this affordable and revolutionary solution to loose dentures.
Sometimes several teeth need to be replaced, and implant-supported bridges are a prime option as opposed to fixed bridges or removable partial dentures. The bone is better preserved with implant-supported bridges as it replaces some of your tooth roots that had deteriorated. If the missing tooth space has no surrounding teeth, the dentist may decide an implant is the most appropriate treatment choice or option.
The treatment plan for a bridge usually requires two trips to your dentist. Specifically, it involves:
- Numbing the surrounding teeth with a local anesthetic and cleaning plaque or decay.
- Reducing the teeth so that the crowns can be fitted.
- Making a mold or impression of the teeth in order to create a customized permanent impression (this generally takes 1-2 weeks).
- Fitting the patient with a temporary bridge until the permanent bridge is ready for placement.
- Removing the temporary bridge and replacing it with the permanent one.
- Adjusting the bridge for the proper bite and fit and permanently bonding it into the mouth.
At Glenwood Premier Dental Group, we have years of experiencein placing and restoring implants, so your implant treatment can be conveniently completed in one location.
Call today to learn more about how implant dentistry can enhance your smile and your quality of life.
Why Choose Us?
- No Lecture/Judgment Zone
- We Treat Patients Like Family
- Cutting Edge Office
- Ultimate Standard of Care
- We Work With People, Not Teeth