Is Invisalign right for Me?
Are you happy with your smile? If you’re like a lot of people, you may be displeased with the way your teeth look, and uncomfortable showing them when you smile. The idea of braces might not appeal to you, because they’re expensive, uncomfortable, and unsightly. But have you ever considered Invisalign? Take a look at these facts about how Invisalign works, to see if it’s right for you.
- Most people can be helped with Invisalign. Even if you think your teeth are too crooked for the process, you’re probably mistaken. Invisalign helps people with overbites, underbites, crossbites, openbites, crowded teeth, and gap teeth. We help with mouths that just need a little tweaking and those that need an overhaul. We can help teenagers who still have some of their baby teeth, and in fact, Invisalign works for children whose permanent teeth have not yet arrived on the scene.
- It all starts with a consultation. The dentist will examine your teeth and create a virtual model of your mouth using a smile scanner. There’s no uncomfortable goop, just a 3D representation of your teeth that your dentist can use to plan a map to a new smile. You’ll even be able to see how it’s all going to work, even before you get started.
- Once a model is made, it’s time to get started. We create aligners with your comfort in mind, custom made and hand trimmed, so that they fit not only your teeth but also your gums. After your aligners are finished and have been checked for quality, you’ll head back to the dentist’s office to pick them up.
- With Invisalign, you’re never alone. That first visit after your aligners are made, you’ll meet with your dentist, who will make sure they fit well. Your dentist will also be able to answer any questions and let you know what to expect. The key to your success with Invisalign is that you and your dentist will work as a team as you make your way to a new smile.
- Invisalign doesn’t interfere with your life. You can keep eating the foods you enjoy, remain active in sports and other activities, and brush and floss the way you normally do. You won’t have the experience of broken wires and brackets, so you’ll have fewer emergency visits than people with traditional braces, and your Invisalign aligners are so unobtrusive, most people may not even notice that you’re wearing them.
- Caring for your aligners is easy. Take them out to eat and drink, and brush your teeth before you put them back in. You’ll wear your aligners 20 to 22 hours each day, and keep each set for one to two weeks. Every six to eight weeks you’ll have a checkup and pick up your new aligners. While each new set of aligners may be slightly uncomfortable at first, the pressure will fade after the first few days. Cleaning your Invisalign aligners is easy: you just rinse them each night and brush them gently with your toothbrush. To keep them clear, use the Invisalign cleaning system.
Are you ready to let Invisalign improve your smile? At Glenwood Premier Dental, we believe that a healthy, confident smile is an important part of a happy and healthy lifestyle. Our staff of caring professionals is committed to offering a wide range of dental services, exceeding our patients’ expectations, and providing the best possible service. We offer Invisalign, as well as dental exams and teeth cleanings, implant dentistry, laser dentistry, teeth whitening, veneers, and more, using state of the art technology in a comfortable and friendly environment. If you’re looking for dental care in Hazlet, contact us through our website or call 732.264.4477 for more information.